When in doubt...DANCE!

When in doubt...DANCE!
www.yourneighborhoodstudio.com

Monday, September 27, 2010

YNS raises $1000 for Living Beyond Breast Cancer





Hot pink leggings, playful hip rolls and sassy hair whipping from side to side filled the Shimmy Studio last Friday at Your Neighborhood Studio.   In support of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month (October), YNS invited Culver City to "Boogie For the Boobies," an evening of dance dedicated to raising money for Living Beyond Breast Cancer.  With over 40 supporters in attendance, YNS raised $1000 to donate to this organization. 

YNS instructors Seda Aybay,  Brooklin Rogers, Sara VonGillern and Ginger Broussard combined their jazz, burlesque and hip hop dance styles into one groovy and uplifting routine.  Attendees strutted their stuff to the soulful sounds of Jill Scott's "Golden," an empowering and appropriate song for this particular cause...


"I'm taking my own freedom 
Putting it in my song,




Singing loud and strong,




Grooving all day long,




I'm taking my freedom 




Putting it in my stroll,




I'll be high-steppin' y'all,




Letting the joy unfold,

I'm living my life like it's Golden!"

Watch the Boogie For the Boobies routine by clicking here.



Following the class, YNS provided red and white wine along with an assortment of yummy appetizers and desserts.  All in all, the event was a huge SUCC-SASS!!  









Thank you to all who supported "Boogie For the Boobies" - dancers, instructors, and Living Beyond Breast Cancer for partnering with our event!
  
YNS can't wait to BOOGIE with you again next year!  

No comments:

Post a Comment